Calling all chocoholics...have I got the recipe for you. Fellow mom Casey made these sweet treats for our Playgroup holiday party and I was in awe. Then she told me they were 'no bake' and I was like, "woah woah OREO!" Check out the recipe below - its just a few easy steps. You can even get the kids involved, there's lots of non-baking to be done.
Be forewarned, these babies - essentially chocolate covered truffles made of crushed oreos and cream cheese are super decadent, so eat at your own risk! Recipe makes approx 48 truffles.
No-Bake Oreo Truffles
What you'll need
- 1 package of Oreos finely crushed
- 1 (8 oz) packet of cream cheese
- 16 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate melted
What to do
- Crush oreos
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until well blended
- Shape mixture into 48 (1 inch) round balls
- Freeze balls for 10 minutes then dip in melted chocolate and place on single layer of wax paper
- Refrigerate for one hour
- Garnish with a festive topping of your choosing
...Voila you've got a cute bite-sized dessert! I'm telling you, bring these no-bake goodies to your holiday party and you/they will be the talk of the town. And don't forget to feed them to your friends...